The Energy Policy Statement is an official document with which top management demonstrates its commitment and support for the energy management system for achieving continuous energy performance improvement.
The policy requires the following:
- It needs to be appropriate to the nature and scale of the organization energy use
- It should be reviewed and updated regularly to ensure that it remains relevant.
- It needs to be communicated to all employees and contractors to demonstrate that top management is committed to its energy management system.
The policy needs to include reference to the following:
- Commitment to continuous improvement of energy performance through the development and achievement of relevant objectives and targets.
- Commitment to providing the resources necessary to achieve its energy objectives and targets.
- Commitment to developing the necessary measures to demonstrate performance improvement.
- Commitment to comply with all legal and other requirements that apply to its energy using
- Support for the purchase of energy efficient products and services where economically feasible.
Energy policy example