Depending on the size of the organization, the establishment of an energy management team might be considered. The team has a role in helping the management representative through the process of implementing the energy management system and is often the first concrete step in changing the culture of the organization with respect to energy.
The team may include any or all of the following:
- Management representative;
- Energy manager or energy engineer who will have following tasks:
- Provide guidance and advice to the management representative;
- Provide assistance in drafting an energy policy, energy review and action plan;
- Assist in dissemination of information and progress reports;
- Persons who have shown interest;
- Representative of each key area with significant energy use;
- Financial manager;
- Production and/or operations manager (s);
- Quality and occupational and health and safety manager;
- Communications or training staff;
- Other relevant departments.