4.1 Appoint the management representative
The management representative is responsible for the establishment, implementation and improvement of the energy management system and he/she is appointed and given the required authority and necessary resources to accomplish the task of implementation.
The management representative should have the following responsibilitie at a minimum:
- Implementing the energy management system;
- Reporting to top management on the performance of energy management system and the energy performance of the organization;
- Establish energy management team;
- Plan and direct energy management activities.
The management representative should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Communication skills, including liaison, negotiation and consultation, managing meetings and team activities;
- Proven experience in project management;
- An understanding of energy costs;
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and energy efficiency technologies;