It is necessary to define what will be covered by the EnMS. For example:
- Are all the buildings in the facility to be included?
- Are all factories in the organization to be included? Are all departments included?
- Are all processes included?
- Are all energy sources included?
- Is transport included?
- Is water management included? While water is not an energy source, its management is very similar to energy management and many organizations choose to manage it on the same The same applies to other utilities such as nitrogen or other.
Once the scope and boundaries are decided upon they should be documented.