Checking – Are you improving performance and saving energy or not? If not, why not and what do you need to do to improve.
In this phase the projected improvements, of both the system and the energy performance, are checked in reality.This checking phase consists, in short, of the following key elements which should give an answer to the corresponding questions:
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis: “Is the organization’s energy performance really improving?”
- Evaluation of legal/other compliance.
- Internal audit: “Is the organization’s EnMS operating as required and specified?”
- Nonconformities, correction, corrective and preventive action: “Does the organization take appropriate action to occurring and potential non-conformities?”
- Control of records: “Can the organization prove conformity to the requirements of its energy management system?”